get in touch with us
MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Current Positions Available
CRIS Executive Director
The CRIS Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Community Recreational Initiatives Society overseeing the day to day operations while maintaining a lens of long term sustainability and success of the organization. They operate in accordance with the strategic direction outlined by the CRIS Board of Directors.
Closing date for applications is 12:00pm on December 14, 2022
For more information, please read here.
Are you the right fit?
- compassionate and people oriented
- a team player
- able to think on your feet and solve problems
- creative and adaptable
- interested in learning about all facets of a non-profit organization
- have a desire to make a difference and promote inclusion within your community
- have an interest in outdoor recreation
- are able to follow direction
- enjoy the journey as much (or more than) the destination
Our ideal candidate possesses the following (note qualifications for different positions may vary):
- Clean criminal record check
- Comfortable interacting and assisting persons with disabilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Comfortable on and in the water, hiking local park trails and cycling paths
- Works well unsupervised or supervised
- Can work independently or within a Team
- Knowledge of bike and other equipment maintenance
- Available for days, evenings, weekday and weekend shifts
- Valid First Aid & CPR certificate
Eligibility (for seasonal staff positions)
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations