WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS of all ages, abilities, and with varied backgrounds and skill sets.get in touch with us
Join us as a Volunteer!
We rely heavily on our volunteers to make our programs a success. Whether you are joining us on a trip, or helping out around the office, without the help of our volunteers we would not be able to help as many participants as we do.
Keep in mind many of our trips happen in the wilderness and can involve rough terrain, inclement weather, and dynamic situations so we need volunteers who are ready for anything. However, if the wilderness isn’t exactly for you there are still many ways you can help at CRIS!
We are currently seeking volunteers for:
- Hiking programs
- Biking programs
- Paddling programs
- XC skiing programs
- Snowshoeing programs
- Vehicle maintenance
- Driving (includes transport of equipment and use of trailer on occasion)
- House cleaning and renovations
- Website improvement
- Database input
- Community outreach
- Any area where you have a skill set and think you could help out!
For these trips we are looking for volunteers who possess many or all of the following traits:
- are positive in all situations
- are easy going and fun to be around
- thrive on a team environment
- are not afraid to be the strongest and the weakest (mentally and physically) person in the group at times
- can assist or have knowledge providing personal care
- love to make dreams come true
- are adaptive and flexible
- are able to follow direction
- enjoy the journey as much (or more than) the destination
If you have additional skills in the following please let us know!
- have experience in operating a TrailRider
- experience piloting an upright or recumbent tandem bike
- experience mountain biking
- experience piloting a tandem kayak or other boats
- have any level of Paddle-Canada certification
Snowshoeing and Cross-country skiing
- experience in classic and skate cross-country skiing
- comfortable in winter conditions
- First aid or wilderness first aid certifications
- Guiding or instructor experience and certifications
- High level of physical fitness and experience in outdoor recreation
- Class 4 drivers license
- Experience driving trailers
- Any other awesome skills you bring to the table!