get in touch with us
MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Current Positions Available
Each position is for an 8 week contract as specified through Canada Summer Jobs funding. CRIS will have two hiring intakes to spread positions out across the summer. In your application you can specify your preferred start date.
- April 25 for positions starting in May/ early June
- May 30 for positions starting in late June/early July
Pending funding a select few positions may remain available throughout fall and winter 2021. Contact the CRIS office for more details and expressing your interest closer to the time.
Are you the right fit?
- compassionate and people oriented
- a team player
- able to think on your feet and solve problems
- creative and adaptable
- interested in learning about all facets of a non-profit organization
- have a desire to make a difference and promote inclusion within your community
- have an interest in outdoor recreation
- are able to follow direction
- enjoy the journey as much (or more than) the destination
Our ideal candidate possesses the following (note qualifications for different positions may vary):
- Clean criminal record check
- Comfortable interacting and assisting persons with disabilities
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Class 5 driver’s license, unrestricted preferred.
- Comfortable on and in the water, hiking local park trails and cycling paths
- Works well unsupervised or supervised
- Can work independently or within a Team
- Accepts direction
- Knowledge of bike and other equipment maintenance
- Available for days, evenings, weekday and weekend shifts
- Valid First Aid & CPR certificate
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations