get in touch with us
MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Current Positions Available
Adaptive Adventures (Winter Sport) Program Staff
(Part-time contract position)
Are you skilled at cross-country skiing and snowshoeing? Are you a coach or a natural leader? Do you have a passion for creating accessibility and inclusion within the community? Are you looking for a part-time position where it’s your job to be active and social? If these things ring true to you, CRIS wants you as part of our team!
CRIS provides supported and independent outdoor recreation and sport opportunities throughout the Okanagan to persons of all ages living with disabilities. In particular, we are looking for part time staff to be involved in our winter cross-country ski and snowshoe programs. The position would be 15-25 hours/week and would be built around the program schedule which can have activities scheduled on evenings and weekends. It would also require regular travel to Telemark and Sovereign Lake Nordic centres with CRIS vehicles. Click here to see the full job description.
CRIS Marketing and Events Assistant
(Part-time contract position)
Do you love creating engaging content for digital marketing and social media? Are you an outdoor enthusiast? Do you have a passion for accessibility and inclusion? If you have a combination of these skills and interests we would love to have you join our team at CRIS! CRIS provides supported and independent outdoor recreation and sport opportunities throughout the Okanagan to persons of all ages living with disabilities.
CRIS is looking for a part-time Marketing and Event assistant to support our team in it’s marketing efforts and to help continue raising the profile of CRIS within the community. This position will be a flexible part-time position (15-25 hours/week) with the opportunity for some remote work. Click here to see the full job description.
If you are looking to work for an organization that creates meaningful impact within the community, look no further and send your applications into email@example.com
Are you the right fit?
- compassionate and people oriented
- a team player
- able to think on your feet and solve problems
- creative and adaptable
- interested in learning about all facets of a non-profit organization
- have a desire to make a difference and promote inclusion within your community
- have an interest in outdoor recreation
- are able to follow direction
- enjoy the journey as much (or more than) the destination
Our ideal candidate possesses the following (note qualifications for different positions may vary):
- Clean criminal record check
- Comfortable interacting and assisting persons with disabilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Comfortable on and in the water, hiking local park trails and cycling paths
- Works well unsupervised or supervised
- Can work independently or within a Team
- Knowledge of bike and other equipment maintenance
- Available for days, evenings, weekday and weekend shifts
- Valid First Aid & CPR certificate
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations